Be a part of it
We’re glad to see that you’re interested in becoming a member and would love you to become one of our ever-growing number! We exist primarily to support those working in coppicing and related industries and crafts, but also welcome those who are supporters of or have an interest in the coppicing sector.
Have a look at the following information about why and how to become a member.
- You’ll be part of a national network that shares skills and ideas and better understands the bigger coppicing picture;
- You’ll be part of a regional group that will connect you with local, like-minded individuals that you can co-operate, collaborate and socialise with;
- You’ll be part of a movement that aims to improve the coppicing industry and to find solutions to problems and issues;
- You’ll be eligible for discounted insurance through our Insurance Scheme; and
- You’ll be able to attend our fantastic annual gathering at a reduced rate.
How to Join
The National Coppice Federation is a body that represents regional coppice groups from around the country. Individuals can join their local group and in doing so also become members of the NCFed. It is not possible to join the NCFed directly as an individual member. To find your nearest group, visit our Regional Groups page and contact the rep who will gladly get you signed up! They will all have their own annual membership fees designed to cover the running costs of that particular group and to pay the £2 per member per year requested by the NCFed.
There are two types of membership available for existing groups:
- Group membership – for groups of coppice workers
- Supporter membership – for organisations that wish to support coppicing
1. Group membership
Membership is open to all coppice groups with 10 or more people. The term ‘group’ can mean:
- a constituted, formal, geographically based group
- a non-constituted, informal local group of individuals sharing an interest in coppicing
- a coppice trade group (e.g. a charcoal burners group)
Constituted groups should complete the ‘Membership Application Form’ below and return it to the membership secretary.
Non-constituted (informal) groups and trade groups should complete both the ‘Membership Application Form’ and the ‘Registration Form’ below and return them to the membership secretary.
Fee: £2 per person (£20 minimum fee per group) per annum
2. Supporter membership
This is open to all organisations who wish to support the coppice sector and the aims of the NCFed, whether directly or indirectly connected with coppicing.
You will need to complete the Membership Application Form and return it to the membership secretary together with your fee.
Fee: £20 per organisation per annum.